This one has to be a top-ten universal trope…were talking fake engagements! Listen to us chat about why ladies love a fantasy, the royal wedding, marriages of convenience, and books by Elle Kennedy, Talia Hibbert, Chelsea M. Cameron and Kate Clayborn!
- Ana Coqui is the force behind #RomBkLove.
- The twitter thread where Mary Lynn Nielsen perfectly described the fake engagement trope.
- In historicals, the trope is usually called marriage of convenience.
- Chelsea M. Cameron vs. Chelsea Cameron.
- Garrets are empirically great romance heroes.
- Kate Clayborn joined us for our Best Friend's Sibling episode.
- The royal wedding of Harry & Meghan was so delightful. We wish them many years of happiness.
- New adult is a genre descriptor that not everyone loves, but there are lots of wonderful NA romances.
- She's All That is a 90s teen romance starring Freddie Prinz Jr. and Rachel Leigh Cook.
- "That Six Pence None the Richer" song is called Kiss Me.
- 2 historicals that Sarah mentioned this week are His at Night by Sherry Thomas and Pleasure for Pleasure by Eloisa James.
- Lothaire is next. We can't even.