It seems only right that our final Season One interstitial be about antiheroes because we’ve pretty much been a fancast for antiheroes since the start of this podcast! Let us talk to your earholes about wicked heroes and why we love them!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcasting platform so that you know the moment we start Season Two (in early September)!
Next week, it’s the end! WHAT HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! We’re talking Sian (HORNS HORNS HORNS HORNS HORNS HORNS HORNS) & Lila with Wicked Abyss, featuring the literal King of Hell, and the Queen who takes fully no shit from him. Get Wicked Abyss at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo, or at your local indie!
- What is the appeal of the antihero?
- Fangirl Jeanne wrote a really interesting thread about why she ships villains and what it means to believe in an HEA for everyone.
- The Sierra Simone Scale seems relevant here.
- We here at Fated Mates love a grovel.
- Morality Chain is a very specific trope.
- Jen's goodreads search for books with criminal heroes versus criminal heroines.
- Take a minute to donate to RAICES because we do have concentration camps on our border, and it's so hard to know what to do about it.
- Jen and Sarah talked about female antiheroes in pop culture: Catherine Zeta Jones in Traffic and Mary Louise Parker in Weeds.
- Jen's Rita thread about how white guys get to be anitheores.
- Movie time references: Sarah is Italian, so since there are no Italian mafia guys anymore, watching The Godfather is the only choice. The "one armed man" reference is to The Fugitive.
- What are we talking about when we talk about billionaire money.
- A "diamond of the first water"
- Molly Fader, Molly O'Keefe, and M. O'Keefe are three pen names for one author who really knows her branding. #Blessed
- Wicked Abyss in next and then...we're done with season one. Commence mourning.