We heard you! You wanted to talk about Cinnamon Roll Heroes, so here we are, and we’re bringing in an expert on the topic (in real life and in fiction) — Andie Christopher. We’re talking about the evolution and popularization of the beta in the 90s, why they became such a powerful force then, why they’re back now, and why they work so well for some readers! We’ll also talk about dating in 2019, recommend some books (obviously), and talk about Andie’s upcoming, Not the Girl You Marry, which is out November 12!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcasting platform — and while you’re there, please leave us a like or a review!
Next week, we’re going back to paranormal with the first book in JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Dark Lover. It’s a whole ride. Strap in. Get it at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple Books, Kobo or your local indie (it’s currently only $2.99 in ebook!).
- We're so excited to have Andie on the podcast -- her book, Not the Girl You Marry, is out November 12th. Preorder now!
- Do you know the importance of a Sky Pager?
- The Pegging Crew is a nickname we use with love for the folks who bought a change to decide a Fated Mates interstitial topic.
- If you're looking for romances with the Great British Bake Off energy, Sarah recommends Louisa Edwards.
- Last summer, Jen interviewed Andie for Kirkus.
- Nancy Pelosi is taking care of business.
- Olivia Dade has a great list of cinnamon roll heroes, but this piece from The Onion originated the term.
- The Simone Scale is very different from the Clayborn Curve.
- I guess you can decide for yourself if Father Bell is a cinnamon roll (whispers: especially because this will be a season 2 book that blooded us).
- The only person who can ask for flowers is Barbra Streisand.
- Every time Jen mentions a fainting couch, she's thinking of this most excellent pinterest board by friend of the pod @bandherbooks.
- Some really thoughtful tweets that were in response to our alpha episode: Charlotte talking about lust and care, and Cat talking about baggage.
- The romance trailblazer videos from this year's RITAs are so great.
- The original stern brunch daddy tweet.
- Toxic masculinity is like acid rain, not rain rain.
- The "I'm baby" meme.
- Jess & Marie are pretty great.
- Andie said Gen Z doesn't fuck, but it sounds like they just don't date.
- Buy some romance buttons from Kelly!