IT’S HAPPENNNINNNGGGGG! Sweet Ruin, Sarah’s favorite book in the IAD series, is finally here and she is BEYOND EXCITED to talk about her favorite Kresley hero and the magnificent, perfect heroine who refuses to back down from their fated matehood. Listen as Jen and Sarah discuss Nix as Warrior Queen, make important demands of fan fiction writers in the IAD universe, and generally discuss why this book is one of the best of the series, without question. Block off some time and be sure to use the bathroom before you start, because this one clocks in at two hours (and we’ve already realized we forgot to talk about a few things — so prepare for updates in future episodes!)
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcasting platform — and while you’re there, please leave us a like or a review.
In two weeks, we’re finishing up the Game Makers series with arguably Kresley’s most broken hero (don’t worry, we’ll get to the bottom of this ranking on the episode), Dmitri Sevastyan! Basically, July is “Sarah’s favorite books” month, so settle in for that…we’ll be joined by one of our favorites, Kate Clayborn, who will reveal the name of our group text thread! Read The Player at Amazon, B&N, Apple Books, Kobo, or from your local Indie.
- Short chapters make for quick pacing.
- The Morior are like the Super Friends...but evil.
- All about The Starship Enterprise.
- More about a witch's familiar.
- Runes are actually from Norse Mythology. You'd think Rune would use the internet to learn more about them.
- Rune is poison to everyone but her. Jen's never read The Poisoner's Handbook, but everyone says it's amazing.
- Thinking about theme as a literary device isn't just for English class.
- Our twitter friend Aunt Angelique has changed her username, so follow her for interesting tidbits like this.
- That cock tweet.
- All about edging.
- The Mariana Trench is real deep, y'all, but we've still discovered plastic there.
- Uluru is a sacred place for Aborigines, and Australia reverted to officially using this name in 2002.
- Revenge is stupid.
- Jen loves that scene where Captain America beats the shit out of everyone in the elevator.
- In case you need help finding Shipper Names.
- The What Would Allixta Do Button.
- The story of Supergirl.
- Speaking of our Heaving Bosoms friends, It wasn't Melody, it was Erin who said she doesn't read epilogues!
- Speed is a romance. Don't at Jen or Bandherbooks.
- The Player is coming up after our next interstitial!
- Pre-order Brazen and the Beast, and if you say "Fated Mates" in the notes, Sarah will include a Fated Mates sticker!