Well, it was destined to happen sometime—we’re taking the show intergalactic! This week we’re talking about space romance and why it’s totally. fricken. bananas. Discover the series that brought Jen and Sarah together, hear us talk about prison planets, sex planets, the Muppet Show and more. Series by Grace Goodwin, Emmy Chandler, Robin Lovett & Jessie Mihalik.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in your favorite podcasting platform — and while you’re there, please leave us a like or a review. Also — if you have a romance loving friend, please let them know that we don’t just talk about vampires & valkyries, and maybe they’d like us, too?
We’re back to the Game Makers in two weeks with Jen’s favorite of the three books, The Master, and one of our favorites, Sophie Jordan! Get ready for chastity belts and string bikinis! Read The Master at Amazon, B&N, Apple Books, Kobo, or from your local Indie.
- Who knew there was so much to say about The Muppets? We both loved Pigs in Space, and Sarah mentioned that General Hospital-style skit. The Muppet Show is streaming on YouTube. And they're still making new ones!
- How many dudes were in Dead Poet's Society? Well, there was Robert Sean Leonard. Ethan Hawke. And Josh Fucking Charles, of course. And then these other guys.
- Josh Charles and his amazing man hands on The Good Wife, kissing Alica in an elevator.
- Oh, and Sarah also likes Sports Night even though Aaron Sorkin is definitely a problem.
- Muppets from Space. Omg.
- A few early space romances were Sweet Starfire and Warrior's Woman.
- Formative 80's space and sci-fi movies: Conan the Barbarian. Back to the Future. Star Wars.
- We deserved more than one kiss and real snotty offspring.
- "Make is So," says Jean-Luc Picard.
- Warden Egara is giving Grace Goodwin the silent treatment.
- Australia was the original prison island.
- You should read The Most Dangerous Game. It's an amazing story.
- Robin Lovett is reading Dark Skye.
- Aurora Blazing doesn't come out until October, but you can read the first chapter here.
- Princess. General.
- Jen recommends The Chernobyl miniseries and the podcast. Sarah thought she was joking when she said I should go to twitter and ask for nuclear romances, like I hadn't thought of that already.
- Sarah recommends Booksmart.
- The Master is next, and we'll be joined by Sophie Jordan.
- The Moon is not a fucking part of Mars. My God.