It’s Scotland week, Lads and Lassies! We’re talking about the great green jewel to the north of England, where the ladies are bold and the lairds are brawn, and we're all just wishing we could get wrapped in a plaid and cuddled through a cold Highland night.
Next week, we’re back with the Lykae with Pleasure of a Dark Prince—starring the FULLY DREAMY Garreth MacRieve and Lucia the Huntress, who just might be our favorite heroine yet. We’ll be talking wolf holograms, how Kresley is blowing the doors off the IAD world, and we’ll be starting Lothaire Watch!
- Here's the twitter thread where Lillie talked about imprinting on Julie Garwood.
- The Heaving Bosoms podcast is pretty great, and although this episode about Mastered by Her Mates by Grace Goodwin is not set during Highlander Times, it's profoundly hilarious.
- Some brief explainers about why old paperbacks have dyed edges, but according to Sarah's research, the more popular an author, the more likely it was the pages would be dyed.
- All about kilts. Also, it's never too late for a calendar of men it kilts.
- Dirks and broadswords, oh my!
- Goodreads has a few lists of Broken marriage romances, but Jen recommends Cherish Me by Farrah Rochan.
- Here's a google folder with screenshots of the entries for cunt, cunny, pussy, quim, shit, and fuck from the Oxford English Dictionary. Jen mentioned a book called Cunt: A Declaration of Independence, but it's kind of Terf-y, so she does not recommend it.
- Sarah does talk about the etymology of swear words a lot on Twitter, becuase fuck just isn't a new word. Don't @ us.
- If you want to learn more about the etymology of swear words, Melissa Mohr's Holy Shit: A Brief History of Swearing is the book for you.
- A thread about vaginas by friend of the pod S.S. Jaxon.
- You definitely want to see the flying fuck image and read Jen's column called Who Did it Better on a Horse.
- Lyrics to a song from 1657 that uses some very choice dirty words. Maybe you prefer to listen?
- The Hangover is a 2009 comedy, so who knows if it's held up over time.
- Sarah, Sophie Jordan, and a bunch of other amazing authors will be at Avon's KissCon in early April. Jen will be there as an attendee, and we'll definitely have some sort of Fated Mates meet-up!
- Jen said she texted Sophie, but that's not true. She tweeted at her.
- Katy Budget Books has a super-amazing romance section and if you want to order signed copies of Sophie Jordan's upcoming book, you should contact them.
- Next week, we return to IAD with Garreth and Lucia in Pleasure of a Dark Prince.